Thomas Wind, D.O. - Board Certified, Child/Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist
-- 20 YEARS POST TRAINING EXPERIENCE IN EVALUATIONS, ASSESSMENTS, THERAPY, MEDICATION MANAGEMENT
-- ACTIVE CONSULTANT FOR SEVERAL AREA SCHOOL DISTRICTS
-- HAS WORKED IN HOSPITAL, PARTIAL HOSPITAL AND A VARIETY OF INSTITUTIONAL SETTINGS.
THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY
- Child & Adolescent Residency
- Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Chief Resident
ALBERT EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER
- Department of Psychiatry, Chief Resident Adult Psychiatry
PENNSYLVANIA COLLEGE of OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
- Completed Osteopathic Internship with emphasis on obstetrics and gynecology
UNIVERSITY of OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE and HEALTH SCIENCES
DES MOINES, IA
- Awarded Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree in 1991
HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY
- Studied Comparative Vertebrate Neuroanatonmy and Marine Ecology
- Received 4 lifetime State of California Teaching Credentials in Biology and Physical Education for adult education and junior-level college courses
- Received certifications in Adult Education & Junior College Education
UNIVERSITY of CALIFORNIA
- Received Bachelor's Degree in Biological Field Sciences/Ecology
- Recognized as a California State Scholar with Honors at Entrance
About Our Staff and Facility
As a doctor of Osteopathy as well as a Board Certified Child/Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist, Dr. Wind looks at the whole person, not just at diagnostic tests. Although other doctors often seek his advice on medication management for their patients, Dr. Wind also realizes the importance of behavioral, therapeutic, genetic and nutritional/supplemental approaches to treating patients. He knows that each patient is an individual connected to a family and a larger community, and he takes this into consideration in his treatment.
He treats behavioral, developmental, emotional and mental health disorders affecting children, adolescents and adults.
In his conveniently-located Media PA office, Dr. Wind offers a range of mental health services including assessments, evaluations, consultations, medication management (including genetic testing), and psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults. Dr. Wind gives every patient the utmost in personalized confidential care and treatment. His services are available by appointment in his Media office.
Dr. Wind is available to speak to Parent and Advocate Groups regarding mental health disorders and treatment options.